Shoutouts Week 24
Shoutouts have been long overdue for over a month now, so this is going to be a longer one. Even with Finn’s great tool to gather all contributions, it’s still a lot of manual work. But fear not, new tools are coming <3
New Open Source Contributors
First and foremost, we are proud to welcome 4 first-time Open Source contributors to Hoodie! Here is to many contributions to come 🍾🎉
- Donald landed signin with uppercase letters and hoodie.account.isSignedIn() returns true in “signout” event handler
- Huzaifa fixed the git clone URL in hoodie-account-server
- Jason Pelletier landed several documentation Corrections
- Juanita added a line to Hoodie which tells how to stop server
New Contributions to Hoodie
We also welcome these great people who contributed to Hoodie for the first time:
- Arcadius Kazimierski landed feat: Hoodie default UI - add numbers to instructions
- Alan Barr landed use .status as .error property not given on error
- Anna wrote a Bio for our developer mascot: the Beaver
- Stéphane Rondinaud landed French translation complete
- Aaron Sikes started our all-new Ember.js-based Admin Dashboard
- Donald McKendrick corrected spelling in our documentation
- Gautham Varadarajan landed docs(README): add needed npm version
- Hendrik Sollich (cool username!) landed a small readme correction
- James Sturtevant fixed deployment documentation of our Tracker app
- Joakim Waltersson landed docs(README): fix error in account.one usage example
- Louis Robinson landed Update npm-v to be formatted as code block in readme
- mccullagh landed test(init.js): to reach 100% code coverage.
- Ross Young landed Doc edits
- Andromeda Yelton landed Typo fix
- Vicken Liu landed for consistency, username should be same as below and correct the frond end files path
Thanks to our maintainers, who review all kinds of new contributions before they make their way to our code, documentation or website <3
James run into issues with cross-origin requests and resolved them with great pull requests. He also brought us Improved argv/environment options and started working on re-enabling plugins for Hoodie! Keep up the great work!
Jenn runs the Editorial Team and makes sure we have our weekly TGIF and our monthly newsletter. Cecily is doing most of the work on gather all the links for your favorite weekend reading list. Thanks so much for your continuous, great work!
Gregor hosted events at OSCON, where he spoke about Welcoming Communities. Gregor also helped to coordinate our Camp Release, and created Hoodie Camp – the go-to place for (new) contributors and maintainers.
Jenn, Nathan and Nick organised several events around EmpireJS: Hoodie’s participation at the OSS Night, Meet the Hoodies on Saturday and our Hoodie Camp Release Party. Special thanks to Meetup.com for hosting our hackathon at their headquarters!
And shout out to Greenkeeper – our favorite bot! We could not ever keep all our packages secure and up-to-date without you <3 For example, only minutes after the release of PouchDB 5.4 we knew that we used undocumented APIs that now have been removed. We could resolve all problems before anyone run into them :)